Netherclay Home Care was
recognised as an Investor
in People in 2002, 2005 and again in 2008 underlining our commitment
to staff training, support and supervision.
We realise the difference people make to our work. It is the dedication and empathy of our team that has enabled us to grow and provide a wider service to our service users over the years.
If you are looking for satisfaction and variety in your work we would like to hear from you.
Perhaps you've had some considerable experience of providing care and just want a change or the opportunity to increase your chances of working when and where it suits you. Maybe you are re entering work or are new to care and feel we can provide what you are looking for. Either way we will provide you with the support and encouragement you need.
If you have those caring skills and energy to make that difference, we would like to hear from you.
We select staff on their qualities of reliability, integrity, skill,
friendliness and professionalism. We carefully screen through the Criminal
Records Bureau and a POVA (Protection Of Vulnerable Adults) and POCA
check and two references are always taken up and checked thoroughly.
During induction, all staff are trained shadowing a Senior Care Assistant
and by our Nurse Trainer in the following subjects:
Induction training conforms to nationally recognised standards.
- Code of conduct
- Anti Discriminatory Practice
- Disclosure of Abuse or Bad Practice
- Aims, Objectives & Philosophy of Care
- Service Specification
- Health and Safety
- Personal Care Tasks
- The Employee Information Binder
- Company Policies & Procedures
- Terms & Conditions of Service
- Fire procedure
- Manual Handling
- Food Hygiene
- First Aid Training
Netherclay Home Care sends staff on certificated external training courses for such topics as Food Hygiene, Manual Handling, First Aid, Health & Safety, Care of the Elderly, Drug Administration etc.
We encourage and finances all Care Assistants to achieve Care NVQ Level 2, as a minimum and Senior Staff to achieve NVQ level 3.
Our policy is to have 60 % of all care staff to have achieved or be undertaking NVQs in Care.
Although experience in the care sector is an advantage we are looking for kind, considerate, caring people to join our team.
We can offer:
- Flexible approach to work, full, part time or weekend work.
- Excellent pay & conditions. A variety of guaranteed hours and salaried contracts available
- Induction and ongoing training to NVQ level 2, 3 & 4. Certificated courses. Support provided by our in house trainer and external training providers.
- Opportunities for variety and career progression within an organisation delivering: General Nursing Care, Residential Care, Dementia Care & Support and Community Care.
- Care Assistants ~ Care Coordinators ~ Senior Care Assistants ~ Initial
Response Staff ~ Support workers ~ trainers ~ administrators
- Pleasant, friendly, supportive staff.
If you would like to discuss the service you want to be involved in
come and talk to us about the opportunities available.
Visit our purpose built office and training centre located within 5 minute easy reach of junction 26 of the M5 motorway or 5 miles out of Taunton along the A38 towards Wellington.
Simply contact us for an informal chat and talk to our staff about what we can offer.