If you have those caring skills and energy to make that difference, we would like to hear from you. Perhaps you’ve had some considerable experience of providing care and just want a change or the opportunity to increase your chances of working when and where it suits you. Maybe you are re entering work or are new to care. We can provide what you are looking for. Either way we will provide you with the support and encouragement you need.
We select staff on their qualities of friendliness, compassion, integrity, reliability, and professionalism.
We carefully screen through The Disclousure and Barring Service (DBS) and the Barred Lists. Two references are always taken up and checked thoroughly.
Our training and support for you starts with a full and comprehensive induction programme. Our induction prepares you to a standard over and above the expectations of the nationally recognised standards. During your initial induction week with our Training Manager you will cover:
- Aims, Objectives & Philosophy of Care
- Health and Safety Code of Conduct & Confidentiality
- Personal Care Tasks
- Manual Handling
- Principles in Dementia Care & Mental Capacity
- Food Hygiene
- First Aid Training & Fire Procedure
- Company Policies & Procedures & Service Specification
- Employee Information
- Terms & Conditions of Service
Your induction will include a two week period of shadowing and collaborative learning in the community. During this time you will move from observing good practice whilst shadowing a mentor member of our team and being introduced to some of our service users, to providing care and getting ready to be out in the community on your own.
On satisfactory completion of our induction programme you will be given a Care Certificate.
Netherclay Home Care sends staff on certificated external training courses for such topics as Food Hygiene, Manual Handling, First Aid, Health & Safety, Care of older people, Medication Administration etc.
As part of our commitment to you and your learning and development, our policy is to have 60 % of all care staff to have achieved or be undertaking Diploma’s in Health and Social Care.
Although experience in the care sector is an advantage we are looking for kind, considerate, caring people to join our team.
We can offer:
- Flexible approach to work, full, part time or weekend work.
- Excellent pay & conditions. A variety of guaranteed hours and salaried contracts available
- Induction and ongoing training to Diploma level 2, 3, 4 & 5. Certificated courses. Support provided by our in house trainer and external training providers.
- Opportunities and career progression within an organisation delivering: Nursing Care, Residential Care, Dementia Care & Support and Community Care.
- Opportunities are available as Care Assistants ~ Care Coordinators ~ Senior Care Assistants ~ Independent Living Team Staff ~ Trainers ~ Administrators
- Pleasant, friendly, supportive staff.
If you would like to discuss the service you want to be involved in come and talk to us about the opportunities available.
Visit our purpose built office located within 5 minute easy reach of junction 26 of the M5 motorway or 5 miles out of Taunton along the A38 towards Wellington.
Simply contact us for an informal chat and talk to our staff about what we can offer.